Other Legal Information
- What information we collect from or about you;
- What we use your information for;
- In what ways we may disclose your information to other parties;
- The kinds of security measures in place to protect against loss or misuse of your personal information;
- How long we retain your information;
- What cookies are, and other forms of tracking that may be in use on the Website;
- Other privacy policies to which you may become subject when you use the Services;
- How you can access, update, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information; and
1. What information do we collect from or about you?
In this Policy, we refer to two types of user information: Personally Identifiable Information (sometimes referred to as “PII”) and non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information refers to any information that can be used to uniquely identify, contact, or locate you. Examples of Personally Identifiable Information include a name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, or a credit card number.
The Company collects only the PII that you voluntarily provide to us, such as when you register to use the Services, set up a profile, create content, sign up for a special offer, enter a sweepstakes or promotion, or complete a survey. If you purchase products or subscribe for paid services, you might also be asked to provide your credit card and related information for billing purposes.
You might also be asked for, or choose to provide, additional information about yourself that does not, itself, specifically identify you. This is non-Personally Identifiable Information. However, some information of this kind, such as your age, gender, geographic location, and shopping preferences may be required (or merely requested) when you register for the Services, and may be associated with your PII.
Company may also automatically collect other types of non-Personally Identifiable Information as you use the Services, including technical information (such as your internet protocol (“IP”) address, mobile device ID, or browser type) and usage information (such as location data, preferred language, the parts of the Services you have visited, which links you have clicked and other information about how you interact with the Services). This information is anonymous, and is not associated with your PII, although it may be associated with other pieces of anonymous information about you.
2. What do we use your information for?
Your Personally Identifiable Information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To contact you regarding your engagement of Chowly. These communications may include notices regarding changes to our policies, service updates, and customer service transactional messages;
- To e-mail you newsletters or tips about how to use the Services, inform you of product updates, or notify you about our own special offers or those of our third-party partners; and
Non-Personally Identifiable Information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To enable us to generate aggregate data about site traffic, site interaction, user characteristics, preferences, and purchases, in each case as long as such data is sufficiently extracted, modified, or transformed so that it cannot be reverse-engineered or otherwise identified at the individual user-level from inspecting, analyzing, or further processing data;
- To customize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs);
- To show you advertisements most relevant to your demographic characteristics;
- To make improvements to the Website and Services; and
- To inform potential partners and advertisers about the size and characteristics of our audience.
3. Do we sell or trade any information to other parties?
The Company does not sell or trade your Personally Identifiable Information to outside parties.
4. How secure is your personal information?
The security of our user data is very important to us. We store your information securely, using industry-standard encryption technology. When you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our web forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
5. How long do we retain your information?
The retention period of collected information depends on the type of information and the reasons why we collect it.
The information you provide to us is retained, unless you request us to delete the information in which case some information may still be retained for a reasonable time in case you decide to reengage. We may also retain some information we believe in good faith is necessary for legal and regulatory compliance, research and development, business matters, and improvement of our Services, in which case we would anonymize and encrypt such information until complete deletion. Further, some information may be retained if it is contained in deleted emails or electronic documents which are archived by our company in compliance with our standard archival processes but which, in the ordinary course of operations, are not accessible by the individuals who created or received such emails or documents.
Cookies are small files that a website or one of its service providers transfers to your computer’s storage device via your Web browser (if your browser is configured to permit this) that enable its systems to recognize your browser and store certain information. We use “cookies” to collect information and improve our Services. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your user ID and password for future logins to the Service. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how you interact with the Service and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on the Service
Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to your computer, and can only be read by a web server of the website that issued the cookie to you.
Depending on your web browser, you may have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers default to accept cookies but enable you to configure settings to decline them. For further information about disabling cookies you can visit allaboutcookies.org. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other features of the Services that depend on cookies.
Company maintains internal logs of usage of the Services. Logs include information such as IP address, browser type and version, computer processing speed, connection speed, clickstream data, and computer operating system. Company uses logs mainly for internal systems administration and diagnostic purposes, and to detect improper use of the site. Logs may also be used to generate aggregate, non-Personally Identifiable Information for advertisers or other third parties. The Company may collect such usage logs even if you do not have the Website open.
If you register for any part of the Services, we may offer you the option to save certain information, such as your username and password, via Local Device Storage (LDS). You can disable LDS on your device or browser; however, doing so may render a portion of the Services to not function properly.
7. Other privacy policies to which you may be subject
8. How can you access, update, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information?
If you wish to have all information that you have posted to be deleted, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to honor your request. Anonymous information relating to your past usage of the Services may remain in our archived records.
New types of marketing communications might be added from time to time. Users can opt out of receiving future marketing communications by emailing email@example.com or they can unsubscribe by following instructions contained in the messages they receive.
10. What if you have questions that are not answered here?
225 W Wacker Dr, Ste 550
Chicago, Illinois 60606
Last updated: November 21, 2022